Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pope resigning...

Oh god! Chinese New Year is over! Thank Buddha. I think all the eating and visiting of relatives and friends are all over and behind. Work life resumes with not much fanfare. My Japanese managing director surprised me with an angpao. I didn't think he would actually embrace was is essentially a Chinese custom.

Anyway, I am not sure if you have heard but people are talking a lot about the pope resigning. I am not Christian and this hardly concern me but the thing is that the Catholic Church apparently has a prediction that the next pope is going to be the last. The last one before Armageddon. Well, this sounds very interesting to me because the church is rocked by scandal of horny priest molesting altar boys for years. Recently, Italy is investigating the Vatican for a long-held allegation of money laundering. All this plus the huge scandal with the Cardinal of Ireland embroiled in a 'inappropriate behavior' has probably made the pope 'wash his hands' and avoid any responsibility. What it is, the next pope would have to clean up these longstanding issues. It is not going to be easy. Perhaps all this is a sign that everything is winding down for the church. 

No comments:

Post a Comment