Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Sunday Stroll to the Gardens

I finally had a free Sunday after a whole week of completing this project. I am glad I had some time to relax and I didn't want to spend it at one of the crazy busy malls at Suntec or Orchard. Don't people want to just relax on Sunday, which is the only day off for most people. Believe it or not, I have never actually step foot at the Gardens. Well, I went once but it started to rain on the way there the last time I tried to go and I had to detour to a mall because my relatives didn't want to get wet. Anyway, I decided to go yesterday and I had a nice time look at the greens. It was a kinda futuristic and weird but nice. 

This is the Moon gate entrance overlooking the monstrous Marina Bay Sands. It has a most spectacular eternity pool overlooking Singapore but I really hate the architecture. It reminds me of the ATAT walker from Star Wars. I wonder if the architect was some kind of Star Wars buff. Anyway, I took the picture to berate it a little but that's not the whole journey.

This giant man-made hill at the Cloud Forest has green things growing all over with little simulated water falls to irrigate the hill. I was impressed with the sheer immensity of the hill and loved the concept along with the little platform from which people can climb up to in order to enjoy various views of the plants and of Singapore through the glass panels. Impressive organic fused with futuristic elements. 

The Supertree grove is futuristic cathedral of rainforest trees. I think the little bridges does add a nice novelty view of the gardens but I am not too much a fan of the man-made structures. I think real lush rainforest trees would have been a more apt organic 'structure' to crown the gardens. Anyway, it was lazy Sunday and although the crowd was thick but I guess I can't escape crowds in small Singapore but at least it is not the same malls upon malls that I am used to dread here in sunny Singapore. 

Don't get me wrong, it was nice and green, the Gardens is a huge complex but I just chose to feature the few special memorable structures. There were plenty of beautiful flowers and plants but I will leave that to your imagination and I didn't want to spoil it for you if you had plans to visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment