Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Greatest Story Ever Told!


This is what I have been watching over and over again lately. I am not really a fan of cartoons and illustrations. But I am watching this because it does a wonderful job at presenting this amazing story of one of Tibet's most controversial protector deities - Dorje Shugden. There's actually not much on the net except from this one website called Dorjeshugden.com and it was the team behind that website that produced this amazing cartoon. The cartoon avoids the controversy surrounding the deity and goes straight to explaining the origins of this deity from scriptural sources and none that explains so well, the background story of how Dorje Shugden arose. So, I highly recommend everyone to watch this and if its not for the story, you can enjoy it for the artwork.

About 4 years ago, I came across the aforementioned website on Dorje Shugden and I was reading up on the controversy and I became more and more intrigued. I read up a lot on Buddhism, especially on Tibetan Buddhism. That's how I got into worshipping Dorje Shugden although I have not met a Lama yet. I have been on the lookout and have been to the NKT center on Neil Road but only to buy their books. I loved the teachings but I am really not up to joining their center just yet because I am content with learning from the website and through books.  

No comments:

Post a Comment