Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Images of Bruce Lee

I have always been a fan of Bruce Lee since I was a kid. He is damn famous, everybody knows him and has since become a sort of screen legend for his nationalistic portrayal of the Chinese in a few Hollywood flicks. I can't remember how many times I have watched Enter the Dragon and all the vintage episodes of the Green Hornet. I saw the recent remake of the Green Hornet last year but I must say Jay Chou was such a disappointment. He is nothing like Bruce Lee and his hair was pretty weird, almost like a helmet. 

I did martial arts in school but not Jeet Kune Do. I did Korean Taekwando till I was brown belt till I got distracted by other aspects of college life. I have always wanted to own one of those nunchakus. I am not sure what they are called in Chinese though. However, these days, the only martial arts I do these days are Body Combat classes at the gym, which is a far cry from the real deal but enough to keep my body in shape. 


Here's the classic martial arts movie Enter The Dragon:-


No comments:

Post a Comment